The New Zealand Society for Artists in Glass (NZSAG)
Established in 1980, NZSAG is an incorporated non-profit organisation consisting of artists, collectors, interested members of the public and related institutions. Artists are represented across a diverse range of glass practices.
The objectives of the Society are:
- To encourage, foster and promote the practice, appreciation, and development of Glass Art.
- To provide the exchange of cultural ideas, and to promote and encourage the same.
- To co-operate with any other Society, whether incorporated or not, whose objects are altogether, or in part similar to those of the Society.
- To improve glass standards.
- To convene glass exhibitions as opportunities arise from time to time.
- To convene schools and conferences and other events.
- Generally to interest itself in anything and to do or undertake anything which it is considered will in any measure attain and promote to any degree the objects for which the Society is established.